Our Doctor is asking us to come tomorrow to see if things are progressing and to talk about what is next if nothing is happening.
Today was our 40 week check up and I left kind of confused but encouraged.
My cousin Lori showed me this website for a book she recommended called ‘The First 8 Days’. I saw this picture of an array of words and thought, oh my word that is my mind right now! I mean I would have probably added about 1,000 more words.
Please pray for us as we could be (hopefully) having our baby this week! Our due date is 3 days away!
- The moment when Ted and I saw the positive pregnancy test.
- Knowing that I am carrying and taking care of someone so precious. A human being!
- Watching in amazement, our first ultrasound of our 10 week old baby squirming around.
- Watching my belly grow with each new week.
- The first time I felt the baby’s movements at 13 weeks. No words could describe.
- Feeling my baby growing and his/her movements from within.
- Watching my stomach as he/she moved around.
- Watching my belly bounce up and down as he/she hiccuped.
- Spending a few minutes right before bed talking, singing and praying for our baby.
- Watching Ted kiss my belly and speak to the baby.
- Watching the baby respond to Ted’s voice!
- Feeling the baby move when he/she heard me speak for the first time that morning.
- Preparing for our baby!
- The anticipation of not knowing when he/she will arrive and for me, not knowing the sex!
- How this has brought Ted and I even closer.
- Holding my baby for the first time and many times after that.
- Snuggles with him/her.
- Singing to him/her face to face!
- Knowing if it’s a him or a her!!
- Introducing our baby to the world.
- Watching as he/she grows.
- Documenting every little thing (you know me…)
- Baby’s “first…” everything.
- Watching his/her personality develop.
- Watching him/her look more like mommy or daddy.
- Lying in bed with baby in between us.
- Spending time together as a family going for walks, picnics, outings…
- Introducing our baby to different cultures.
- Sleeping on my tummy.
- Getting my figure back.
- Going for runs/walks with baby in the jogger.
- Having a bit of caffeine here and there. Dr. Pepper, ahhh.
- Eating sushi.
- Doing the early morning stretch without getting a charlie horse!
- Not having people stare at me like I am a traveling circus wherever I go.
- Seeing my bones again. Not having balloon hands, feet and face.
- Wearing my converse for the first time since March.
- Fitting back into the clothes that I now love so much. It’s like Christmas!
- Being able to do things on my own again- the simplest things I need help with right now.
Last night I had another boy dream, which now makes it 2 “it’s a girl” dreams and 5 (maybe more now) “it’s a boy” dreams. I specifically asked God to not tell me through a dream or a word and so far He’s had a bit of fun messing with my mind, like Ted since they both know the sex.
This was a lot of fun and when I’m prego with our second baby (am I really talking about a 2nd, and I’m 9 months prego, YES!) it will be interesting to see the difference in how I carried. Great advice Lori!! Thank you madre!!