We’ve finally moved on from “you know you’re prego when” to this!
You know you’re a momma when:
- I have a hard time with boogers, snot, sneezing people, etc yet I can get a booger from his nose, like it’s no big deal.
- When he pees up his side and on me, but I just leave it because he finally just fell asleep.
- My heart explodes with love every time he snuggles momma.
- It also bursts when he pulls away while eating just to coo or smile up at me! Oh my word!
- I’ve learned two new “languages”; baby talk and Chase’s cries.
- When he spits up a little bit on my shirt and I still wear it the rest of the day.
- When my desire to hold him is stronger than my desire to do the things I am usually most passionate about.
- When I take speedy showers if he is napping and if he is awake I put him in the bouncer right outside the bathroom, with the door opened and constantly peek my head out to check on him.
- When I’ll act like such a crazy just to see him smile and coo over and over again. Seriously if you videoed me, I could win America’s Funniest Home Videos. It’s that bad. Sometimes I catch myself and think “I am sooo glad I am home alone!”
- When I now have the desire to learn to cook like never before. I wish I would have listened to my mom and let her teach me to cook from scratch when I was younger…
- Despite the many kids and infants on base, I know Chase’s cry immediately.
- When dance parties with Chase to “I’ve gotta feeling” by the black eyed pees is now a new workout and an evening fav.
- When I cry when he cries because of pain Ted or I caused. Hasn’t happened much, but both times it broke my heart.
- When I sacrifice the desire to have cleanly shaven legs each day and can now get away with shaving maybe 3 times a week, 4 if I’m lucky. I used to shave my legs every single day. It was a must in my mind.
- When friends, family, or Ted hold Chase and he cries, I can usually pin point what the cry means and fix it immediately.
- Somedays I only have time to shave ONE leg before I hear his crying in the monitor.
- When I can somehow manage to drive and reach back to hold a binky in his mouth to keep him from crying hysterically. Probably not the safest… yikes.
- When I constantly feel like I smell like baby poo and breast milk.
- When it’s hard to say “yes” even when babysitters beg to watch him… at first it’s hard to leave the little guy!
- When our living room rug is now a baby blanket with baby toys, diapers and wipes on it.
- When 11:30 pm becomes the perfect time to blog :)
There is so much more, but this momma is sleepy (and we even took a good nap today)!