(I am dressed here :)
What I’ve loved about pregnancy:
- The moment when Ted and I saw the positive pregnancy test.
- Knowing that I am carrying and taking care of someone so precious. A human being!
- Watching in amazement, our first ultrasound of our 10 week old baby squirming around.
- Watching my belly grow with each new week.
- The first time I felt the baby’s movements at 13 weeks. No words could describe.
- Feeling my baby growing and his/her movements from within.
- Watching my stomach as he/she moved around.
- Watching my belly bounce up and down as he/she hiccuped.
- Spending a few minutes right before bed talking, singing and praying for our baby.
- Watching Ted kiss my belly and speak to the baby.
- Watching the baby respond to Ted’s voice!
- Feeling the baby move when he/she heard me speak for the first time that morning.
- Preparing for our baby!
- The anticipation of not knowing when he/she will arrive and for me, not knowing the sex!
- How this has brought Ted and I even closer.
I will miss most of the above, so I’ve heard!
What I am looking forward to (with Baby):
- Holding my baby for the first time and many times after that.
- Snuggles with him/her.
- Singing to him/her face to face!
- Knowing if it’s a him or a her!!
- Introducing our baby to the world.
- Watching as he/she grows.
- Documenting every little thing (you know me…)
- Baby’s “first…” everything.
- Watching his/her personality develop.
- Watching him/her look more like mommy or daddy.
- Lying in bed with baby in between us.
- Spending time together as a family going for walks, picnics, outings…
- Introducing our baby to different cultures.
It’s hard to narrow these down. Many more to come after the baby arrives, I’m sure!
What I am looking forward to personally:
- Sleeping on my tummy.
- Getting my figure back.
- Going for runs/walks with baby in the jogger.
- Having a bit of caffeine here and there. Dr. Pepper, ahhh.
- Eating sushi.
- Doing the early morning stretch without getting a charlie horse!
- Not having people stare at me like I am a traveling circus wherever I go.
- Seeing my bones again. Not having balloon hands, feet and face.
- Wearing my converse for the first time since March.
- Fitting back into the clothes that I now love so much. It’s like Christmas!
- Being able to do things on my own again- the simplest things I need help with right now.
I could probably right a lot more in each category but this would be a novel! I wanted to write a blog like this before baby came and since baby is deciding to camp out a bit longer, why not write today?