Working with YWAM Denver:
- Our passion and our purpose. Ted and I are passionate about discipleship, relationships and especially people finding Christ and who they are in Him. We want to keep our center in Jesus and our main focus the very things which He puts on our hearts.
- Remaining broken before God. Living in a christian community is such a blessing. We have realized lately how important it is to maintain our times with God and remaining broken and humble before Him. Not allowing this lifestyle to become habit instead of relationship with God. We need prayer for us to find new meaning and purpose in Him and to not become stagnant.
Our ‘everyday’ jobs and our focus. Sometimes the very thing which we are passionate about gets placed on the back burner to the everyday jobs we do around here. We need prayer for our focus and passion to remain as we serve the base. And that we serve with everything in us! Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:1-4
- Opportunity. Ted and I long to head back overseas with a team to disciple. We are hoping to lead an outreach off the fall DTS. Please pray that God makes a way for this to happen. With a new baby (well, 5 month old) the leaders might be more hesitant, which makes sense in the natural. Please pray that they see our hearts and support our desire to take a team overseas.
- Currently. We are dreaming big and going with something that God has spoken to us. We’ve submitted a new school to the leadership here in Denver and might be running this in the near future. Please pray for us in this and to trust God completely in how this will work out!
Our relationships with others:
- Loving as Christ. I always feel like this is an area in which God is constantly growing Ted and I. Situations arise with every new day and we have a choice to make. Will be love as Christ and view others as He would or will be see people through our own eyes. God is challenging us in our relationships with others and we need prayer to love as Christ. Follow God’s example in everything you do just as much loved child imitates his father. Be full of love for others, following the example of Christ who loved you and gave himself to God as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, for Christ’s love for you was like sweet perfume to him. Ephesians 5: 1-2
Against Bitterness. I (Jami) struggle with this a lot. I have seen (even in our christian community) many kinds of injustices and I have personally experienced the brunt of a few here. I had a situation that wasn’t dealt with in the right way and I am the one left wondering if anything was every made right on their side. It really, really hurts me inside. I do not want to be bitter! I feel like for years I dealt with unforgiveness and bitterness and I don’t want to get back into that again! Please pray for me! God has been speaking to me about letting go and not defending myself because in the end He’s got my back and He will make my character known, but this too is so hard for me, honestly! Romans 6:4 -We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.
- Justice and mercy, hand in hand. (This kind of ties together with the above prayer request) A few blogs back I wrote about the struggle that I have with this. I struggle with seeing an injustice and wanting it to be made right that I cannot move forward in being merciful. It’s very hard for me. Please pray for me in this. James 3:17-18-The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. Colossians 3:12- As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
- Friendships. Being “newly” married and with a baby on the way, our friendships sometimes take the back burner. We don’t want this! We want to remain in good, deep, godly relationship with our friends. God has really blessed us each with a few deep friendships that challenge, encourage and inspire us to be better people. Please pray for these to continue in an even greater way as we become a family.
- Marriage. Ted and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary on June 24 and that is hard to believe. 2 years already?! We are also expecting our first baby and this will make us not only husband and wife, but mommy and daddy. Please pray for us as we make this huge transtition!
- Family. We are about to add a sweet baby to our family! Please pray for us as we enter this new journey. We are so excited but we know that we are about to have the most responsibility of our life!
Supporters and Finances:
- Supporters. Please pray for more supporters to stand with us. In the past year we have lost 4 supporters and recently friends of ours joined in supporting us. God is always providing miraculously and we are always okay, but with a baby on the way we will definitely need people standing beside us!
- Updates. Please pray for Ted and I as we are figuring out how to let everyone know what it is that we are doing here. Please pray for us to affectively share what is happening in our lives. There are SO many things Ted and I have dreamed about doing for supporters, family and friends but financially it is impossible. We began this blog almost 2 years ago now, to let everyone know what we are doing, but we always feel like there is more we want to do. The cost of doing things like printing and mailing newsletters, making a family magnet, or sending mail to supporters is kind of high. We want to be able to bless those who always bless us. If you have any creative ideas, please let us know!
I love and appreciate the fact that I know many of you read our blog (here) or email update (which is the same thing only sent thru email). I also love that you will be praying or thinking about us and each situation that arises. You truly care and we know that! Thank you for writing me emails of encouragement and of what is going on in your life as well. Those messages always mean the world to me!
Thank you for reading this and praying for us. Please let us know how we can be praying for you!