Above is a picture of how “big” our little one is already! This week his/her tissue and organs are growing rapidly and maturing. He is now swallowing & kicking up a storm (which we saw proof of the kicking part yesterday)! He can also bend his little arms and legs now! Right now he/she is 1 1/4″ long and in the next few weeks our baby will double in size.
I have been INCREDIBLY nauseous, even to the point where I throw up suddenly and on the spot. I’m not sure if it is the fact that our little one is now squirming around a lot more or… just the fact that I am pregnant. Yesterday while having our ultrasound, the nurse said, “See this little guy, this is the reason you’ve been so sick & exhausted.” I looked at him/her moving around, waving and thought, it is ALL worth it. I’m already in love. Oh and yes, another change; my emotions. As I wrote about him/her moving… I got all chocked up. Those pregnancy emotions has arrived. Oh the joy.
“You know you’re prego when”:
- while driving I hear an add for McDonald’s and immediately get sick to my stomach, empty my purse, and yes throw up into the purse and all over my shirt… (WHILE DRIVING)!
- holding someone else’s baby makes me more impatient than I have ever been my entire life
- I have cried while watching commercials & especially the news.
- I almost CAN’T watch extreme makeover home edition anymore, due to waves of tears
- I also gag at food commercials
- Ted lovingly told me that I probably should lay off (my first craving) french fries, and I immediately burst into tears
- anything can make me gag: Sufjan our hamster, food, talking about food (especially fast food), people passing gas around me, talk of gross subjects, & sometimes even Ted’s cologne!
- I gave in one day and drank a Dr.pepper, cried about drinking it and then a few minutes later cried about not being able to drink caffeine
- 75% of the time my coughing triggers my gag reflex causing me to throw up, yet again.
- looking at my waist freaks me out, expanding as it slowly does… yikes!
- I love milk for the first time since I can remember
- I am a little slower, dumber, and more forgetful these days
- my hair grows faster than it has in a very long time
- I find myself wanting to be around Ted more and more each day
Thanks for reading my long winded blog!
x Jami & “peanut” as Ted would call him/her