I did not shed a few tears of frustration and tears of exhaustion almost every night last week due to those ^ restless nights.
Because of how much I do not like photography and documenting things, I do not look through my photo albums to help me remember what I did not do the past week :)
I am not thriiiiiiiilled happy that we have the house to ourselves for the next 10 days!
On Monday last week, I did not forget a “just in case” outfit for Chase and when he had a blowout-poo, during staff meeting of course, I did not have to walk out, change the mess and walk back in with a partially nakey boy! I plan better than that, so nope, not me!
I did not post even more ridiculous, yet cute, videos of Chase this past week.
I am not thinking more and more about having another baby, sooner than I thought I ever would. When people ask me about how many kids we want to have or when do you want another baby… I do not reply with “I would honestly get pregnant again now or in a few months if it weren’t for the c-section”… Chase is so young, that would be craaazy, nope not me!
I am not veggin’ out this afternoon and I am not watching the Tyra show as I type. Such a waste of time, so nope not me!
While mommy was at work Friday, he did not have one, two THREE blowout poos by the time we left that evening!
When Chase peed outside of his diaper and all over me in an early morning feeding, I did notthink, “It’s okay, it’s only urine… and actually… it makes me feel a bit warmer!”…. Eww, nope not me! (I did change, really I did!)
- You speak in a silly voice saying “wanna go home and sick in your bumbo seat?” over and over to your little man, despite the fact that there are students walking towards you and you know you sound a bit insane, not to mention the fact that they are probably thinking “what the heck is a bumbo seat?”.
- While changing an awfully full, pooed diaper in front of your younger siblings and you say “oooh yummy!” while they all gag. :)
- You pick your babies nose for them without being disgusted.
- You hear the regular flu/swine flu is close to home and you buy a large bottle of hand sanitizer and ask everyone who wants to touch your little guy to please use it.
- When visiting the baby section is the new highlight of going to the store.
- Your little guy vomits what feels like a gallon in your hair, down your neck, in your shirt, all over your arms, etc. and you react calmly and respond to his crying first rather than the fact that your covered in vomit!
- You become a pro at popping the stroller open with no problem (now getting is back in the trunk is another story).
- You don’t mind making a total goof out of yourself in order to make your little guy smile or laugh during his grumpy moments.
- Your ‘sent’ box for texts is constantly filling up with photos of your boy you send to friend, family and of course facebook.
- When Carters becomes the new Pacsun/Zumiez in your life.
- When your little man wants to eat NOW while your out with friends and the only place you can find to feed him is a table in front of the main entrance to a crowded coffee shop.
- You blog about things you do as a mother while (or instead of) watching the movie you’ve rented for a Saturday eve. :D
We’ve finally moved on from “you know you’re prego when” to this!
- I have a hard time with boogers, snot, sneezing people, etc yet I can get a booger from his nose, like it’s no big deal.
- When he pees up his side and on me, but I just leave it because he finally just fell asleep.
- My heart explodes with love every time he snuggles momma.
- It also bursts when he pulls away while eating just to coo or smile up at me! Oh my word!
- I’ve learned two new “languages”; baby talk and Chase’s cries.
- When he spits up a little bit on my shirt and I still wear it the rest of the day.
- When my desire to hold him is stronger than my desire to do the things I am usually most passionate about.
- When I take speedy showers if he is napping and if he is awake I put him in the bouncer right outside the bathroom, with the door opened and constantly peek my head out to check on him.
- When I’ll act like such a crazy just to see him smile and coo over and over again. Seriously if you videoed me, I could win America’s Funniest Home Videos. It’s that bad. Sometimes I catch myself and think “I am sooo glad I am home alone!”
- When I now have the desire to learn to cook like never before. I wish I would have listened to my mom and let her teach me to cook from scratch when I was younger…
- Despite the many kids and infants on base, I know Chase’s cry immediately.
- When dance parties with Chase to “I’ve gotta feeling” by the black eyed pees is now a new workout and an evening fav.
- When I cry when he cries because of pain Ted or I caused. Hasn’t happened much, but both times it broke my heart.
- When I sacrifice the desire to have cleanly shaven legs each day and can now get away with shaving maybe 3 times a week, 4 if I’m lucky. I used to shave my legs every single day. It was a must in my mind.
- When friends, family, or Ted hold Chase and he cries, I can usually pin point what the cry means and fix it immediately.
- Somedays I only have time to shave ONE leg before I hear his crying in the monitor.
- When I can somehow manage to drive and reach back to hold a binky in his mouth to keep him from crying hysterically. Probably not the safest… yikes.
- When I constantly feel like I smell like baby poo and breast milk.
- When it’s hard to say “yes” even when babysitters beg to watch him… at first it’s hard to leave the little guy!
- When our living room rug is now a baby blanket with baby toys, diapers and wipes on it.
- When 11:30 pm becomes the perfect time to blog :)